Tests NB-IoT features on Base Stations
The C-SGN Emulator, as part of the NetTest suite, emulates the optimized EPC network
required for CIoT testing by combining the MME, SGW, and PGW functions to create an
end-to-end lab environment for the enhanced Machine Type Communication (eMTC) and
Narrow Band Internet of Things (NB-IoT) implementations to be tested. To reduce
complexity in the setup of a test environment, it also supports emulation of the SMS
Service Center Function (SMS-SC) and the Service Capability Exposure Function (SCEF).
The Polaris Networks C-SGN (CIoT Serving Gateway Node) Emulator extends NetTest Suite
capability to test the 3GPP Release 13 CIoT (Cellular Internet of Things) features.
Useful for chip manufacturers of devices and base stations, and network equipment manufacturers,
this solution is equally useful for stakeholders in research and test establishments,
protocol stack vendors, base station vendors, as well as IoT device vendors for testing
their IoT optimized implementations.
- Control Plane optimization for small data transfer over NAS
- User Plane optimization for small data transfer with RAN context caching
- Non-IP data transmission via SGi tunneling and/or SCEF
- UE Attach without PDN connectivity
- SMS without combined attach of NB-IoT UEs
- RoHC header compression of IP user data
- Security procedures, ciphering, and integrity checking for user data