End-to-end simulation of a 5G Network
The NetTest 5G Network Emulator solution from Polaris Networks simulates all the elements of a 5G network, namely: 5G devices (UE), 5G base stations (gNB) and 5G Core (AMF, AUSF, NSSF, UDM, UDR, SMF, UPF, PCF
and Security Edge Protection Proxy (SEPP)). The protocol functions and interfaces of the NetTest 5G Network Emulators are implemented based on 3GPP Release 16 specifications that allow users to simulate various network operations and procedures in the lab.
A standards based implementation allows users to replace an emulated network element with a production
network element to create varied network topologies depending on the use and purpose. Other than standard operations and procedures, the 5G Network Emulators provides the ability to simulate negative and abnormal network behavior.
The NetTest 5G Network Emulators are ideal for:
- Research and study purposes: By simulating an end-to-end 5G network, the NetTest 5G Network Emulators facilitate academic and business researchers to study the behavior of 5G networks under different conditions and for various normal and abnormal network operations.
- Functional and performance testing of 5G gNB and 5G core: Support for standards-defined interfaces allow users to choose elements to be simulated from the NetTest 5G Core Network Emulators (test tool) and connect it to the 5G network element to be tested (system under test). Such test setups can then be used to test functions and performance of the 5G network element under test.
Examples of test setups using NetTest 5G Network Emulators are:
Test setup for 5G gNB testing
Test setup for 5G Core testing
Highlights of NetTest 5G Network Emulators:
- Comprises of 5G UE + gNB Emulator, Access and Mobility Management Function (AMF) Emulator, Authentication Server Function (AUSF) Emulator, Network Slice Selection Function (NSSF) Emulator, Unified Data Management (UDM) Emulator, UDR (Unified Data Repository), Session Management Function (SMF) Emulator, User Plane Function (UPF) Emulator and the Policy Control Function (PCF) Emulator
- Based on the 3GPP Release 16 specifications
- Supports both normal and negative testing
- Includes Graphical User Interface (GUI) as well as Application Programming Interface (APIs) for test automation
- Can be used on commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) hardware platforms